Tuesday 30 December 2008

Chepstow in Wales, UK

Recently I had an opportunity to go to Chepstow, a small town in the Wales in UK in December 2008 where I stayed for two days. It is a very small town by the river Avon. Just sitting by the river and looking at the nature can make your day. Here are some photos of this town that I would like to share with you.

River Avon near Chepstow

Hotel Marriott St Pierre Majestic Entrance Where I Stayed

Flowers at the Hotel

A Lake View

A Majestic Tree

Partially Frozen Lake

A Fort in Chepstow

Unfortunately by the time I got an oppurtunuity to visit this site it was already dark (it gets dark by 4 PM in winters) and there was no lighting arrangement at the Fort. Probably this is something to be taken care of by the Chepstow and Wales Tourism departments to atleast light up the outer walls!

A Church In Chepstow

Morning Frost in Chepstow
Frost in Chepstow

The frost was a feature in December in Chepstow and all grass use to look white in the mornings. The frost used to be there till at least noon and then again used to come back later in the evening


Vikrant Srivastava said...

Beautiful pics sir....thanks for sharing the great article....

Anil Yadav said...

More than 80% of the work is done when the place is beautiful. The camera does only the remaining 20%. In fact Chepstow is more beautiful to the naked eye than via a camera.